Why use strong chemicals or expensive commercial cleaning products on your mattress? While it is very important to keep the space where you spend a third of your life clean and fresh, that doesn't mean it's necessary to surround yourself with potentially irritating fragrances, cleaners or other harsh chemicals. Instead, you can use natural methods and simple ingredients you probably already have around the house to freshen and clean your mattress, remove funky stains and leave your sleeping space pleasantly scented and ready for dreamtime.
Your mattress is exposed to the worst of you: sweat, drool, shed skin flakes, hair and skin oil, and various bodily fluids. Add to that the allergens, dust, mites, indoor pollution and pet dander found in most homes, and your mattress is ripe for a cleaning.
GENERAL CLEANING AND ODOR REMOVAL:
- Strip all the bedding from your mattress, and toss it into the washing machine while you work.
- Vacuum the top of your mattress, the sides, and underneath the bed. Now lift the mattress (get someone to help if it's difficult) and vacuum between the mattress and the box springs.
- Mix one cup of baking soda with a few drops of essential lavender oil in a bowl, then put the mixture in a strainer.
- Shake the fragranced baking soda evenly over the entire mattress.
- Leave the baking soda on the bed until your bedding is finished washing and drying.
- Vacuum the baking soda off the mattress, and remake your bed with the clean linens.
Read entire article at Tips to Clean Your Mattress the Natural Way
Share this post